Lets look forward though… Here is my through the looking glass vision for the company in 2014 based on what I as an Indian Customer would like to see, I hope a lot of you International Customers will chime in with some comments 🙂
Well you know I always judge a case by how well it stands up to the test of time, so thats why I’m not going to call this a review, just a few thoughts.
Before I jump into my impressions though a heads up on why I went for this one in particular is important. For anyone who has ever traveled in a bombay local the answer will be clear. Great protection from bumps and falls was my main priority, not keeping scratches away though that is important, however having dropped a bomb on the phone and combining the hazard of the local train I went through multiple reviews and decided on this one.
So coming to the case. Well I messed up and couldnt put on the screen protector as my do-it-yourself skill failed me badly, though it seemed to be well cut and shaped so it would have fit properly ( Should have waited for a professional aargh)
The cover it self comes in two pieces, a silicone shell which the phone fits into and a then a hard shell case which fits on top of that to make it even more impact resistant. It adds a lot of bulk to the phone in terms of weight and thickness so if your looking for something which allows people to go wow at the design of the phone look elsewhere, many of my friends who saw it for the first time with the cover on actually went “meh” believe me this is not the cover to impress people with, it is strictly utilitarian, when I took it off though the reaction was amazing though, so something to raise the wow factor I guess 😛
(Will add a few photo’s soon 🙂 )
The cover comes with tabs which cover the micro USB port and Headphone jack and seems to be made or really good quality material which should stand up to the test of time well, without becoming loose or flimsy.
The only quibble I have is that the cover is super duper hard to get off and on, so I really can’t just pop it off to show off now and then, but then that’s the price to pay for this kind of impact protection I guess.
Solid tip would be to order it from http://otterbox.asia if you live here, its pretty cheap to ship and is an all inclusive shipping price.
If you have any questions about it feel free to drop a comment I will try my best to answer them 😀
Well I have been using my gorgeous HTC One for almost a week now and let me say I am massively impressed with just about everything.
From the super smooth almost buttery performance to the great music player with those amazingly clear stereo speakers its a phone that truly raises the bar in a lot of ways.
However as I have discovered in my life long obsession with mobile devices there are always things to improve.
Im going to deal with the software aspects of it cause well there is no way for them to change the hardware now is it 😛
1) The Music player should have the ability to pull lyrics from other sources cause Gracenote’s selection is just too limited, having used used tunewiki on spotify I think that would be a perfect place to start.
2) The notes application while already amazing for having Evernote baked in, needs a widget or at least an awesome shortcut
3) Way for Power Saver mode to automatically activate when the battery falls below a certain percentage, leaving it up to the user is just too unpredictable. Obviously there should be a option to disable it too.
4) Blinkfeed needs to have way way way more sources to become truly accepted. I know this one is a really tough one but I’m sure if they work with someone like News 360 they can pull it off.
5) India on their TV App regions, I mean come one HTC we are a 1 billion strong nation who adore out TV series don’t exclude us! Just give us a chance to show you our love.
6) This one is a universal worry for me specifically but it would be great if HTC could address it. – Make contacts easy to manage, tying in all the services is great and also offering the linking solution so that the address book is a little bit more streamlined but it doest solve the main problem that the details are still all over the place. Make it super easy to cohesively collect all the info in one place and keep all that collected info backed up.
7) Dash Clock integration please HTC, I’m waiting for this one for sure. I already love the existing Lock Screen options HTC please make them even more powerful with Dash Clock integrated right into your default ROM.
Well for now this is about it. I do finally have a weekend coming up so will be able to test it out fully and hopefully update this with even more things I want to see. Lets hope some of the Software designers get a hold of this little list in the meanwhile 😉
P.S. If you want to add anything please leave a comment, will make me discover my phone better.
This is just going to be a random set of sentences flying out cause that exactly how they came
1) ooohhhhh awesome!!!! Finally a new phone
2) Lets get everything on there stat
3) Yay I have swiftkey purchased from before
4) I love the way this feels in the hand just so incredibly solid
5) Must check out the camera… and coming from the BB whoaaaaaaa this is awesome
6) Opens gallery and sees moving pictures
7) Okay that is a lot of accounts I have set up… my data plan is going to fly by like a jet plane
8) Shit my contacts are so messed up this is going to kill me to fix
9) Oooooh look at how awesome the speakers sound and the cool pseudo music video it makes
10) Loving the phone so far
11) why do 4 different things want to do stuff to my photos when I take them? the perils of beinga try-every-internet-service-which-is-out-there person I guess
12) Okay awesome that it has Evernote built right in… but funny then that no widget for it exists.
13) sleepy time now….
14) In the middle of the night…. PING!!!! OMFG this thing is loud… put it on silent mode…
15) Loudness much appreciated in the morning as an alarm
16) FM Radio sweet….
17) Gracenote is a bit broken I wish they make it super awesome.. whats the point of having soundhound built in if it cant fix the metadata?? :-\
18) Okay… this thing get a little hot…
19) Bummed there is no FIFA 13 on this thing yet…
20) Okay loving the way im able to jump between stuff
21) Lets just spend 15 mins staring at the loviliness of the screen
22) On my way to work time… okay its a little bit big for me but still loving the way it just sits in the hand
More still to come