Lets look forward though… Here is my through the looking glass vision for the company in 2014 based on what I as an Indian Customer would like to see, I hope a lot of you International Customers will chime in with some comments 🙂
Well lets all agree that this times iPhone launch was a bit of a let down for us all. I mean a lot of the mystique and punch of the event used to be the secrecy behind it.
This time however with the constant leaks almost everyone knew what was coming out on the hardware side and which is one of the primary reasons it became super important for apple to deliver on the software side which by all accounts is still extremely smooth is finally looking its 5 years…which by most criteria in today’s fast moving mobile age is an eon
I do feel however we are seeing the stirrings of something from within Cupertino…one needs to only look at the new iTunes and App Store interface to gain a sense of it… Let me be very clear here that it isn’t going to happen in a hurry and I in no way am saying that iOS 7 is going to look dramatically different but quick nips and tucks will start happening on the UI front that much I’m sure off… See the problem apple currently has is that it is the incumbent now….. The situation is totally unlike to what the first few years when it launched, where innovation was key to making it a household name they have to now look at changing it up while still being loyal to their rabid fans and hence it will be a slower process for them overall.
I’m predicting a UI with larger icons making better use of the larger screen real estate now on offer. The larger icons will now start having a little bit of live information, something like the windows live tile approach but with some apple minimalism and finesse thrown in. More social feature for sure with Facebook and twitter becoming wholly baked in, cause I have a feeling they are still figuring out a way to keep the legendary battery life while integrating everything into the OS.
I do not in any circumstance see an entire kernel rewrite for the foreseeable future.
In terms of hardware I think we are pushing the limits on all accounts and incremental updates till 3D tech becomes headache free for consumers and users is what we are looking at.
Well this is just my amateur opinion and let’s see what happens as the years roll on, I just hope it doesn’t turn into an RIM which was too wary of innovating till they were pushed to the brink
Been waiting for this to happen since a long long time… finally after a lot of waiting and many many years of being away from my mommas lap my head will finally reclaim its rightful place from that useless sister of mine( Just kidding I love you sis 🙂 )
There are so many benefits of being close to home that it makes me giddy just thinking about them in the first place
1) My own bed!!! I can’t stress this fact enough cause recently the sloth in me has awoken and the beds at home are some of the best i have used in a long time
2) My girlfriend is close by – Yay!!! that sums it all I guess
3) Some of my closest friends both the ones I have made through my girl and the ones from before are all in Mumbai and I will finally be able to spend some semblance of quality time with them(rather than just weekend stolen away)
3) My mommas food- 😀 😀 the smiles should say it all but may make a bigger effect when I say they come from my stomach and not my face, lemme explain this a little further, I being a jain have lots of time when certain food item( yes I’m looking at you potato you handsome thing) can’t be consumed in my house, even then my wizard of a mother manages to bash flavor which even the top chefs and master chefs of the world gave up on a long time ago and creates lip smacking mouth-watering fantabulous meals outta thin air 🙂
4) My kitchen A budding amateur chef my self my kitchen is one of the places where I find absolute peace amidst all the chaos of cooking and after numerous nights salivating at recipes I’ve found online and the worlds best sous chef my momma by my side, I am sure of only one thing my girlfriend and friends alike should be prepared to adda few inches to their waistlines soon enough.
5) Books!!! – A legacy left to me by my granddad in the form of boxes upon boxes of old and new musty books I’m going to rediscover my love for them after a cruel break 6 years ago and be ware libraries of Mumbai I’m on the prowl again(I’m not going to make my poor da pay 10k in books again and that was 2005 imagine the bomb he would have to pay now!)
With all this ahead of me every time someone congratulates me for getting Mumbai I do a little dance in my head 😀 and look forward to it..
Just 2 more thorns lie in the road ahead with 2 inhumane tests but well we never gained something without a little pain did we? so bring it on.. cause the only song in my head right now is
“I’m coming home, I’m coming home!!!” Hmm da dum da dum!!
Been feeling really nervous since the last few days about my future and am taking it out the way I find best….
What have I been nervous about absolutely EVERYTHING!!!!
These are the questions running through my mind at breakneck speed right now:
1) I wasn’t able to crack IIT is CAT or for that matter any MBA entrance exam going to work out for me?
2) By working in Accenture is it goign to screw up my chances even more?
3) Should I stick it out in Accenture for 2-3 years?
4) How the hell will I discipline myself for CAT this year?
5) I want more money!!!!
6) How bad are my acads? Will it affect my MBA prospects??
that feels better, you know there is just something about putting everything down in writing !
Well now that I feel better off to pondering about the future and working hard at it!!
Well its three days before exams… the last set I’ll be giving in quite a while… a year at the shortest or more depending on what life holds for me… yes yes… nostalgia does run through my veins… and all that jazz too… but coupled with that is an impatience… a nervous energy to finally be rid of it all… next semester is a project almost like a training ground for life…. so yes the energy is there to start somewhere in this world and reach a peak…