Well I have been using my gorgeous HTC One for almost a week now and let me say I am massively impressed with just about everything.
From the super smooth almost buttery performance to the great music player with those amazingly clear stereo speakers its a phone that truly raises the bar in a lot of ways.
However as I have discovered in my life long obsession with mobile devices there are always things to improve.
Im going to deal with the software aspects of it cause well there is no way for them to change the hardware now is it 😛
1) The Music player should have the ability to pull lyrics from other sources cause Gracenote’s selection is just too limited, having used used tunewiki on spotify I think that would be a perfect place to start.
2) The notes application while already amazing for having Evernote baked in, needs a widget or at least an awesome shortcut
3) Way for Power Saver mode to automatically activate when the battery falls below a certain percentage, leaving it up to the user is just too unpredictable. Obviously there should be a option to disable it too.
4) Blinkfeed needs to have way way way more sources to become truly accepted. I know this one is a really tough one but I’m sure if they work with someone like News 360 they can pull it off.
5) India on their TV App regions, I mean come one HTC we are a 1 billion strong nation who adore out TV series don’t exclude us! Just give us a chance to show you our love.
6) This one is a universal worry for me specifically but it would be great if HTC could address it. – Make contacts easy to manage, tying in all the services is great and also offering the linking solution so that the address book is a little bit more streamlined but it doest solve the main problem that the details are still all over the place. Make it super easy to cohesively collect all the info in one place and keep all that collected info backed up.
7) Dash Clock integration please HTC, I’m waiting for this one for sure. I already love the existing Lock Screen options HTC please make them even more powerful with Dash Clock integrated right into your default ROM.
Well for now this is about it. I do finally have a weekend coming up so will be able to test it out fully and hopefully update this with even more things I want to see. Lets hope some of the Software designers get a hold of this little list in the meanwhile 😉
P.S. If you want to add anything please leave a comment, will make me discover my phone better.